Giving Challenge 2022 FAQ's
I already support my favorite organizations, why should I donate through the Giving Challenge?
To strengthen giving during the 2022 Giving Challenge (April 26-27), The Patterson Foundation will provide a 1:1 match for all unique donations, up to $100 per donor, per organization made online with a credit or debit card.
The Patterson Foundation matches all donations up to $100. The matching opportunity helps organizations stretch your donations and provide more support for those in need.
- If you donate $25 to The SCF Foundation; the Patterson Foundation donates $25 to The SCF Foundation
- The Patterson Foundation matches $100 to your $100 donation
How does it work?
Visit The Giving Challenge website, https://givingpartnerchallenge.org/, between the hours of noon and noon on April 26 or 27.
- You will be directed to a donation page.
- The minimum amount accepted is $25
- The maximum amount matched by the Patterson Foundation is $100
- The Community Foundation of Sarasota County processes donations and sends receipts.
- After the event, The Community Foundation of Sarasota County audits all the donations, provides The Patterson Foundation with matching gift information and sends a single check to The SCF Foundation for the funds raised during the Giving Challenge.
What if….I don’t like making gifts online?
You can donate directly to The SCF Foundation, however it will not be matched by the Patterson Foundation.
What will these funds support?
Your donation helps the SCF Foundation provide student scholarships, classroom equipment, program support and more, right here in Manatee/Sarasota county!
Are there any restrictions?
- There is no limit to the number of individual matches from unique donors a nonprofit organization can receive during the 2022 Giving Challenge.
- There is no limit to the number of nonprofit organizations a donor can give to and still get matched. A donor is defined as one individual.
- You cannot use multiple credit cards under the same name.
- Individuals who are reimbursed by any funding source for making a donation are ineligible for matching.