(Bradenton, Fla., Nov. 19, 2019) — The State College of Florida Foundation (SCFF) will host the 18th annual Sundays at Neel entertainment series at the SCF Neel Performing Arts Center, 5840 26th St. W. Six shows will take place between Dec. 8, 2019 and March 22, 2020. All concerts begin at 2 p.m.
Sundays at Neel is a series of fundraising concerts that benefit SCF students. The series kicks off Dec. 8 with “Back Home Again: A Tribute to John Denver.” Performer Tom Becker spotlights Denver’s music while carrying on Denver’s focus on family themes and environmental preservation. Becker also blends his own experiences as a member of the iconic folk music group the New Christy Minstrels.
- 12, Diamonds: Let’s Rock Broadway – Dozens of delightful Broadway hits come to life in a rousing performance complete with multiple costume changes. The show features more than 50 songs from 15 of Broadway’s most popular jukebox musicals.
- 26, Bill and the Belles – This Tennessee-based string band puts a modern spin on vintage roots music, presenting a spirited sound somewhere between old-time country and vaudeville.
- 9, The James Taylor Experience with the Fire & Rain Band – Lead guitarist Greg Pitts spent years mastering Taylor’s distinctive style in order to capture the intimate energy of a 1970’s Taylor concert. The band has spent more than three decades performing tributes to Taylor.
- 16, Linda Ronstadt Tribute – Paula Hanke and Peggy Ratusz belt out the iconic hits of Linda Ronstadt while adding personal stories and historic accounts of her multi-genre, Grammy Award-winning career.
- March 22, Good Vibrations – This top-of-the-line Beach Boys Tribute has performed for the Beach Boys themselves and played alongside Beach Boys co-founder Al Jardine at high-profile events, including the Indianapolis 500.
For more information, visit SCF-Foundation.org/SundaysAtNeel. Single tickets are $40. Discounted season subscriptions also are available. To order tickets, visit SCF-Foundation.org or contact SCF’s box office at 941-752-5252.